Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Spectacle

After getting up at 5:00 AM (we went to bed at 1:00 am) we made it to the Metro at about 5:40 to get in line for the swearing-in ceremony.


I've got a golden...or um Blue Ticket. Blue standing area here I come.


The site after making it off the Metro. It was breathtaking.


Phew!!! So glad that after standing in the cold for over three hours I made it to the right gate...Whoot!

The 7-layer bean dip security. I waited in line for about 3 and 1/2 hours before getting to this point. There were some who didn't make it through security in time for the inauguration to start.


Looking back towards the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial from my vantage point.

Wow, wow, wow. I don't think I have ever seen as many people in such a small space as I did today. Again, it was certainly a spectacle!

President Obama giving his Inaugural Address.


President George W. Bush flying away. A symbol of the peaceful transfer of power. One of the many reasons our country can be called great!

No comments:

Post a Comment